rss
email
twitter
facebook

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

It was Mom and Dad! [23-24]

So I was talking to Phoebe tonight when I decided to call Mr. Antolini, an old English teacher of mine that was actually kinda cool. I told him my whole situation and he invited my over for a chat. I wasn’t really expecting that, but I couldn’t stay at home tonight, unfortunately. I was actually calm, considering I had just found a place to stay that night, and it was all over when I heard the front door open! It was mom and dad! I quickly tried my best to blow away the cigarette smoke, and I jumped into Phoebe’s closet. (Probably not the best thing because I knew that my breath still smelled like cigarettes.) Mom comes in to tuck Phoebe in, and surprised the shit out of me when she didn’t seem to question the smell still lingering in the room. I decided that I needed to bolt out of that room the second Mom stepped out. I was saying goodbye to Phoebe when she said that she wanted me to have the Christmas money that she had been saving up. It actually touched me inside to know that she cared enough about me to just give up the money that she had been saving up like it was almost nothing! The only way that I could repay her at that moment was to give her my hunting hat. I told her to hold it close whenever she felt she needed me.
I made my way over to Mr Antolini’s place and saw that him and his wife had just finished with what seemed to be a dinner party of some sort. We started talking about what happened with the whole ‘failing out’ thing, and I could see that he was listening, but I could also see that he had been drinking, so I knew that only about half of what I was saying was actually going through his goddam brain. Felt like a waste, but I kept talking. I do begin to see that some of the things that he is saying are actually kinda right and I started to get uneasy. He starts to tell me that if I never really grow up, that I will become separated from the real world.

I am separated...

I'm separated by the voice,
not by chance,
but by her choice.
I'm separated torn apart,
crushed of spirit,
with a broken heart.
I am separated...
[Saint Cynosure]

If I do not grow up now I will become separated from reality and begin to grow apart from society, and who really wants that?? I am trying to listen to what Mr. Antolini is telling me, but I begin to zone out. I hadn’t been drinking or anything, like him, but I was just plain ole’ tired! He put some sheets and stuff on the couch for me to sleep, and after some talking that completely went over my head, I fell asleep.
Not much long after that, I wake up to Mr. Antolini sitting there stroking me head. He said that he was nothing, and I understand that he was drunk, but honestly, it was still pretty weird. I didn’t know what to do, so I did the first thing that came to mind. I grabbed my shit and ran out!

No comments:

Post a Comment