rss
email
twitter
facebook

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Home Sweet Home [21-22]

I made it home!! I had to sneak my way past the elevator attendant by telling him that I wanted to visit our neighbors across the hallway. I guess it worked because he let me right up! I made it into the apartment and saw that my parents weren’t home, and Phoebe wasn’t in her room. I did remember, however, that she likes to sleep in her brother’s room when he was away. I guess it’s so she can remember him or something, and she was indeed in his room. I started talking to her and she was all happy until she realized that I was home a couple days early. It didn’t take her long to figure out that I had gotten kicked out of another goddam school! All she kept saying was that dad was going to kill me...! She wouldn’t even listen to me when I tried to explain myself!
After a while, Phoebe decided to just hear me out. I had to tell her about how much I hated the school, and all the people in it. Phoebe responded my telling me that I didn’t like ANYTHING! This got me thinking.. For a while now, I really haven’t been enjoying myself. I haven’t even liked myself for a while. I tell her that the only thing that I truly did enjoy was the time that we spent with each other, just talking. I also tell her that I like Allie, but she gets angry because she says you can’t like anything that’s dead because they aren’t here anymore. Phoebe always knew what I was talking about, without me even having to explain myself. She was the person who talked me through the tough times, and this was another time where I needed her help. I needed someone on my side for once, and who knows, she would probably help me break it to dad that I got kicked out, again!

- HC

No comments:

Post a Comment